Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Great White North

Hey Everybody!  I'm posting from Canada today as I'm here most of the week for work.  Can we say awesome?  Indeed it is.

It is not, however, white.  We've really lucked out and gotten some amazing weather- way awesomer than Portland weather this time of year.  It's been in the upper 50's and mid 60's and sunny and the fall foliage is  breathtaking.  I'll be uploading pictures as soon as I get home (left my cable at home... sad).

Just so I don't forget, here's a list of things I LOVE about Canada:

1. Everything's in French and English. 
2.  Winter Tuke (sp?)- winter knit hats
3. the crazy accents that aren't even close to French Canadian or just Canadian
4.  The close ties to Scotland and Ireland
5.  Maple candy
6. Friendliness- Canadians are so polite!
7.  Asian restaurants- there are TONS and they are good!
8.  Salmon, we have it at home but it's everywhere here.
9. First passport stamp



I'm happy to be here, but also happy I get to go home soon.  I'm missing Rudy and the BF.

No comments: