Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Holy Updates

It's been FOREVER since I updated this dear old blog, and not for lack of post material.


We've been busier than ever so I'll start from the beginning.  When I last updated we had just attending our Garden Themed wedding shower thrown by BF's amazing coworkers and it was a blast.  A few days after that BF and I headed downtown with our photographer to get our official engagement photos done.  It was fun, but also super awkward for a multitude of reasons.  Reason #1- it was the same day as the Portland Pride Parade so while our photographer was trying to get us to be serious and look at each other, we were busy trying not to crack up looking at the crazy outfits as they passed us by.  Reason #2- I don't naturally smile all day long, so smiling for an hour was tough work!  I had to take a few "face breaks" and stretch my cheeks and face out the other way because I was starting to cramp up!  Reason #3- posing is hard because you don't naturally just hold a position for very long so holding a pose and smiling and trying not to laugh was interesting.  But the pictures turned out great!  Some to come shortly.


A few days after the engagement photo session I drove to Utah to visit my best friend, D, who is also my Maid (Matron) of Honor.  It was so awesome once I actually got to Utah (driving through Idaho is not my favorite thing to do) because it was hot and sunny- basically the total opposite of Oregon during that week.  I even got a tan!  We shopped for a MOH dress for D (and found a great one!) and then mostly hung out and talked about houses and marriage and babies and bachelorette parties (because all of those things are happening to us at this stage in life... except the babies for me, we will wait on that for now).  It was so great to see her and spend time with her and her husband, M, I'm just sad that BF had to miss it.


Oh yeah, and BF got a cool summer job teaching some of the camps this summer at OMSI!  One of them is a Science School of Wizardry class reminiscent of Harry Potter but based around actual science experiments the kids can do. I have to admit that I am slightly jealous.


We have also completely removed all of the sod from our backyard so it is now the unending dirt pit in which the dogs get completely filthy and then come inside and dirty up my clean house.  Ugh.  But now we can move on to actually planning and putting together our patio with paving stones and then reseeding the yard so by the end of summer it will be a beautiful backyard oasis of awesome where we can sit and make s'mores and hang out until it gets cold and rainy again.  We are thinking about throwing a work party this coming Saturday so we can get the last of the prep work done and actually start laying the pavers!  Free pizza and beverages, and possibly popcicles if you are interested!


I'm also in "Holy Crap, we are going to Hawaii in a month and a half and we are going to get married in just under 3" mode so I am refocusing my exercise efforts so I feel comfortable in a bathing suit again.  I got started but I have a lot more work to do in the next 45-60 days!  Lunges and squats are now my life.  Also, planks.  Gah, I hate ab stuff but it is totally necessary!


So there is the quick version update!  I am so happy that it finally feels like summer.  What are your plans?



No comments: