Sunday, January 27, 2008

Gordon B. Hinckley


I was deeply saddened today when I heard the news that the Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley, 15th President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, had passed away this evening at his home in Salt Lake City.

This man has had a profound effect on my young life and I love him more and more each day. I value his teachings and am very lucky to have had the opportunity to see him speak at two annual General Conference sessions. His compassion for humanity and his warmth toward young people was always apparent.

I hope that all who knew of him would hold his teachings and his legacy in high regard. I will keep his family and the First Presidency in my prayers, and I feel blessed to be able to have known him as my first Latter Day Prophet.

President Hinckley, you will be missed. Thank you for your dedication; your life is my biggest inspiration.

No comments: