Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Peanut Butter Pie (and other distractions)

Have you ever noticed that when you know you have a certain amount of days off, you subconciously plan your time as if you normally had that day off? I mean, I really feel cheated when I have an extra day or two off of work and school; it's almost as if the extra day made me more busy, but then I realize the culprit behind my misplaced frustration: procrastination.


And peanut butter pie, which is really a part of a larger category; food. Not to mention sleep. But I digress...




I love extra days off. I like my job, but I long for extra days off. I will assume this is a normal feeling for pretty much everyone (except work-a-holics... whom are insanely sick in my opinion). But then I get extra days off and push my work and errands around to cover each day instead of getting everything done early so I can enjoy my days. Why do I do this? I have no answers, other than it's yet another thing that I've added to my " To Work On" list. Maybe on my next extra day off I won't sleep until noon and I will do my errands BEFORE my day off so I can get up and enjoy the glory of a work-less day.




On a different note, ballet is going quite well. Actually, I look forward to it more than anything else all week. I think I work harder in that class than I have ever worked at the gym. Much to the chagrin of my sister, I have been practicing like a loon at home (...a black-leotard clad tendu-fool wobbling on one leg trying to stabilize myself using my pelvic floor and visualizing marbles in unlikely and uncomfortable places). It is all for the greater good of my self-actualizing quest and in the end I will be a better, more well-rounded person. Well, less "round" (actually more lean) and more sophisticated.


PS. Sugar-free jello pudding... not good.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Heather, you're funny. I hope you don't mind me lurking around reading your blog. I really like your previous one. That night I turned to Chad, my husband and told him I wanted to take a ballet class. It gets to be a little difficult to do with 2 kids and a husband who has a job, but I think it would be good for me. I need to gain some more muscle! If I do end up getting to do it, I'll for sure be in pain from lack of exercise for so long. My body hurts when I just take a long walk anymore. I'm pathetic ;-)