Friday, September 16, 2011

A Roller Coaster Week- Also, Autumn Is Upon Us

Man, this week has been challenging in so many ways!  I'm so thankful that I have a job, one that I love, but sometimes one can't always be in love with what they are doing and I'm totally feeling that right now.


It's just that it's a crazy busy time of year at work because we have all of these big meetings planned and then we head straight into the madness of the holiday season with no time to breathe.  None of this stuff is even happening yet and I'm feeling like I could drown in the amount of "stuff".  Part of my issue is that I'm such a planner and scheduler that when new things pop up I get a little angry- angry that people didn't tell me earlier so I could add what needed to get done in to my already full schedule, angry that I have to rearrange my plans, angry that I have yet another thing or things added to my to do list, and angry that I'm angry and frustrated.  I just want some peace, or as one of my favorite television characters would say, "Serenity now!".  I'm already looking into escaping for a few days at some point in October just so I don't completely lose my sanity.


I'm thinking I need to start meditating on my lunch breaks.


Also, if you live in the Pacific Northwest you may have noticed that summer died on Sunday and we awoke on Monday to Autumn, in all of it's cooler-weather, leaf-falling, foggy morning and cloudy day glory.  I have such mixed feelings about this because I love Fall, but we had the shortest summer ever.


On a related note our Halloween costumes are purchased and I only have to find footwear for mine. And it's Friday. 

Sigh.

No comments: