Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Patience Is A Virtue That I'm Working Really Hard On

We know I'm not the most patient person in the world.  Once I get something in my head it's hard for me to contain my energy and I just have to get out there and start doing SOMETHING.  This whole buying a house business has really tested my patience and I'm hoping that it will pay off soon!


This is hopefully the last week of waiting for us as the rest of our loan paperwork, etc comes through.  We've been packing and organizing little by little and I think my labeling system is working out pretty well.  All you have to do is look at the tape on the box to know what room it goes to!  Way faster than having to read the labels (but yes, there ARE still labels).  I haven't gotten to the kitchen yet, because we use it so frequently that it sort of doesn't make sense to pack it yet, but when I think about having to pack it up I get SO ANXIOUS.  There's a lot of stuff in there!  And we use 95% of it on a weekly basis.  


The upside of this all is that I'm getting rid of things that I don't use or that I don't need any more.  It's nice to purge and feel productive during this stressful time.  I'm planning on going through  my clothes (yet again) tonight/tomorrow and doing the same thing.   I have also found that I need to plan in time to take a breather from life in my daily schedule.  Things at work and in life got so stressful a couple weeks ago that I thought I was going to lose my mind!  Instead of actually losing my mind I caught a little bit of a cold and my neck and shoulders got really stiff and sore and stayed that way for days.  After that I made a promise to myself that despite what may go on in life, I need to slow down and give myself permission to relax.  The universe decided to reinforce this idea and while looking through my work files at my desk a little massage gift card fell out (a holiday gift from a coworker I had forgotten about) as if to say, "Hey!  Schedule this massage and you'll feel much better!", so that's what I'm going to do.


I had to laugh because Monday at work our GM announced that our department was moving offices- very exciting but also adding to the stress!  We are slated to move the first week of March, which is when I will be out of town for a meeting... so my plan is to pack up 2 weeks early (oh yeah, because I'll be out the last week of February as well for meetings elsewhere!) and have it ready to be moved in my absence.   It feels insane to have to move my personal life and my work life all at once!  But I have an awesome new laptop bag and new carryon luggage that I can live out of for a couple of weeks while all of this happens.


Anyway, this week is all about the packing and scavenging for good, sturdy boxes at our local businesses. And about staying sane.  

Wish us luck!

No comments: