Tuesday, February 21, 2012

You Know It Only Happens When You Have Stuff Going On

Getting sick, that is.


We officially moved into our new house!  But right before that happened I got sick.  It all started on Thursday.  Everyone in my office has been fighting this awful cold that seems to hang on for weeks.  I've been trying to take my vitamins and wash my hands and stay healthy and I thought I was doing a pretty good job until Thursday morning.  I woke up a little congested, but figured it was allergy related from cleaning the new house.  As the day progressed I felt worse and worse- my throat was sore and my head was pounding and I just wanted to go to sleep.  


I went home from work just to go paint at the new house with BF and some of our family.  I took some generic cold and cough stuff to see if that would help and it only mildly dulled my headache and sore throat.  Friday morning I woke up with a full on nasty cold- sore throat, headache, body aches, coughing and sneezing, runny nose, the works.  Awesome.  I did my best to pack up the house while BF was at work and didn't make a ton of progress.  Saturday morning came extremely fast and I felt only marginally better but we actually got everything moved!


Despite having an awful cold (that I still have) I am LOVING the new house.  We are definitely starting a project list of all the house stuff we realized we wanted to do and it is fun trying to plan it all out.  We installed a dog door so we no longer have to get up and take the dogs out in the middle of the night (AWESOME!) and our puppies have a ton of space to run around and play.


Our neighbors all seem nice even though we've not really gotten to know anyone yet- just saying hi as we come and go.


I'll have pics up soon!

No comments: