Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Stupid Things People Say and Do at Work- 1st Edition

Welcome to the very first edition of "Stupid Things People Say and Do at Work!"  Because of the frequency of these occurrences at my place of employment you will probably see more of this same post going forward.  And I just had to write it all down because it's so stupid and crazy all I can do is laugh.


Preface- I am not in the IT department, I am not anyone's mother at work, I am not the office handyman or maintenance person, I do not keep the supply cabinet at my desk and I am not anyone's personal assistant.  All of this will be important.


1.  "Can you fix my computer?"


2. Coworker-  "Can you fix the printer?"


    Me- "Probably not, but what's wrong with it?  Did you call the number listed on it?"
  
    Coworker- "I don't know, it just won't print.  No, what number?"


    Me-  "What did the screen say when it wouldn't print?  Also, the number is listed on the printer and      right above the printer on a bright red and white sign."


    Coworker- "Um, it said something about toner?"


    Me- (very sarcastically) "Hmmm... I wonder what that means?" turns back to computer and keeps working.






3.  "I like certain kinds of pens/pencils/purple highlighters.  Can you order those for me?"




4.   "Where am I supposed to hang up my coat?"




5.  "The meeting you scheduled is right before lunch, from 10:30 to 11:30... are you going to provide lunch after the meeting?"


6.  "Do you have batteries/dry erase markers/sticky notes/etc ?"




7.  "Would you run an errand for me?  It won't take long."




8.  "The printer is jammed!"




9.  "The bathroom is out of toilet paper/paper towels."



10.  Walking by the recycle bin in the copy room I noticed empty takeout containers slimy with food residue all over them.  There is a kitchen with a trash can and compost bin 5 steps away.  Gross paper food containers with grease and sauce on them are NOT recyclable.






Just a little glimpse into my day some days.  



No comments: