Tuesday, August 7, 2012

An Open Letter to the Olympics

Dear Olympics,

It has come to my attention that there are some events within you that do not make any sense.  Seriously.  Last night BF and I hunkered down to watch Olympic Events as we do each night, ready for some awesomeness and do you know what was on?  The indoor cycling races also known as Velodrome racing.  Do you know how confused I was at first?  Very.  Those guys start pedaling SO. SLOWLY and keep looking back at each other like "whose gonna make the first move?  Are you?" and I'm like "What the hell?! This is supposed to be a RACE!  You should just go fast!".  Also, it's the best out of 3.  I feel like this is a race my sister and I made up when we were in elementary school.  I'm sure those guys train hard, but seriously, let's give them a more competitive and serious race to compete in.  In the end I was just mad and starting watching tv reruns.  Lame.

Also, dressage.  Really?  And the weirdest part of it all is that the horses do all of the physical work and the person riding them gets the medal?  Let's just have an equestrian olympics or something because the people aren't athletes, they are horse trainers.  This is silly.  In no other "sport" is the athlete not given a medal for placing, and since the athletes are animals and not people I say that doesn't change anything and the horses should get the medal.

I feel a little underwhelmed this year and it is disappointing.   Maybe for the next ones lets make some changes.

Thanks!

Heather


No comments: