Friday, June 5, 2009

...

It's Friday... and it's raining.

And it's cold outside.

And I am dying.

Well, not really, but I feel like I might. Not just because it's raining and cold, which is just plain wrong because it's June, Mother Nature. June. Don't tease me with warm sunny days and then take it all away with crazy thunderstorms, little tornadoes, falling branches and rain.

I digress.

I've been feeling kind of lame all week. Just tired and sluggish. At first I thought maybe it was stress- and maybe that's part of it.

Then I thought maybe it was lack of sleep- so I slept a bunch. That didn't help.

Yesterday I realized what it is... a lack of oxygen.

Just hear me out.

I have crazy horrible allergies. To the point where sometimes I have to stay home and load up on Benadryl just to survive. Some days it looks like I've been up for days crying, but really my eyes are just watering from the pollen and dust that iritate them. Yesterday it felt like I had bricks on my chest weighing me down and I was wheezing.

Yes. I was WHEEZING. I've never had a wheeze before. So I did the only thing I could think of doing- had my mom listen to my lungs with her stethoscope, but only after I WebMD'ed my symptoms. She said, "well, you're wheezy- you probably just need to take some allergy meds or some expectorant and get that phlegm out".

WebMD informed me that I could have asthma, or bronchitis, or some other random ailment that I don't remember. I kind of feel like I did when I was in 3rd grade and got bronchitis, minus the fever and excessive coughing.

Ok, I kind of have a cough.

Point is- I. HATE. ALLERGIES. If there were a miracle cure, I would take it no questions asked if it could assure me no more allergy symptom filled days-

No more sneezing fits.

No more watery eyes.

No more bloody noses.

No more hives.

Until then, I'm wheezing and sluggish like an old lady with emphysema.

Happy Friday.

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Yeah, allergies SUCK! I love the sun, but I hate feeling like crap all day and night. Meds don't work for me either, at least not the millions that I've tried, because they either don't do anything for my allergies, or they make me extremely drowsy.

Heather said...

I know! Everything I've tried either puts me right to sleep or wears off too quickly... and I think I'm totally immune to Allegra, Claritin and Zyrtec at this point. None of them seem to make any difference at all!