Tuesday, June 16, 2009

... Still Feeling Ill...

I'm still feeling like junk, which is why I'm not posting awesome/interesting things lately.

I've developed a yucky cough. Stay away from me. Seriously. This cough, I think, is due to all the lovely mucus that's settled into my lungs. I'm blaming allergies and last week's wind because that's when it all started.

I started taking Mucinex to help with the coughing. I think it makes me crazy... or just really dizzy (same thing). I've run into/tripped over countless things over the last few days while on this. No doubt it's helped my coughing fits, but my bruised body is not liking the trade off.

I also sound like an 86 year old chain-smoker named Deb. Don't ask me why her name is Deb, it just is. My throat is toast from the coughing. I answered the phone in my office today and someone said," Oh, I was calling for Heather, but think I have the wrong number!" despite the fact that I answer my phone with," This is Heather, how can I help you?".

The only thing I halfway enjoy is I now have an excuse for taking naps all the time. I miss out on a bunch of social activities, but to be honest I like sleep so I'll catch up on socializing later. If I decline an invitation from you to a social event over the next couple of days, don't be offended... I don't want to share my germs (whatever it turns out to be) and you probably don't want them anyway. You also probably don't want me running into decorative home items as I dizzily make my way around. I'll just be home napping and enjoying a nice popcicle.

What I don't enjoy is that I cannot run or even really take walks because everything makes me cough. EVERYTHING. I walked up the stairs to my office this morning and had to take a break because it made me cough until I got lightheaded. That's 14 not-so-steep stairs that I usually jog up in the mornings with ease.

Another plus- I have crazy animated and colorful dreams when I'm sick. Well, last night I had a scary one, but really they are usually tame. And I usually talk in my sleep when I'm sick and wake myself up.

Feeling ill? Come over and we'll eat popcicles and watch movies and take naps. You can listen to my crazy dreams as I ramble. It'll be great.

No comments: