Monday, December 12, 2011

Eventful

Boy has it ever been.

So you know that last week BF and I put a bid on a home in the Good Neighbor Next Door program that the government runs.  We were waiting to hear back as the bidding period closed over the weekend and kept checking the website to see if anything new was happening.

Saturday went by with not much news.  We went about our day as normal- went to the gym, cleaned up the house and started on the pile of laundry, etc.  I poured over paint colors and budgeting out what it would cost to replace home items if we needed to... if we get the house.

Sunday BF went to help his parents find and cut down a Christmas tree.  I did some more home chores and then decided to get out and get some more of my Christmas shopping done.  The plan was for me to meet BF at his parents' house after the tree adventure for dinner.  BF called me and told me that there was new about the house and it looked like it had been reopened for bidding for an additional week.  I was super bummed because I was hoping we would just get it and be able to start planning!  That was frustrating to hear, but not the end of the world.  I was trying to get the gifts unloaded at my parents's house during this conversation  and then get back home to let the dogs out before it got too cold.

Then  in the middle of our phone conversation, BF sort of trailed off and stopped talking.  I was trying to ask him what was going on and he just said, "Something's wrong with my dad".  Apparently he very quickly started feeling awful and then got terrible stomach pains and started vomiting.  They made a quick decision to take him to the ER so BF told me to meet them there, so ran to let the dogs out and then jumped in the car to get to St. Vincent's. 

I arrived and totally had to lie to get back to BF's dad's room where they all were... they  said only immediate family so I fudged a little bit and told them that BF and I were already married so I was the daughter in law... not such a huge lie really.  I still felt a little guilty and told BF right away what I did.  Anyway, so I went back and BFD was in bad shape (BF's Dad) and I just felt awful knowing that he was in such pain.  The doctors thought it may be kidney stones so they were waiting for the pain and anti-nausea meds to kick in before they could get a scan (since he was moving around so much from the pain it would have been impossible).  We waited around a while and ended up running to get dinner for ourselves, his sister and his mother.

A couple hours later they were able to do the scan and confirmed it was kidney stones, but because of the locations there wasn't much they could do so they sent BFD home with some anti-nausea meds and a couple pain pills to help until they pass.  Terrible!  Everyone that I know that has had kidney stones says it is the worst pain they've ever experience so I cannot imagine what that would even feel like!

We went to BF's parents house to wait for his dad to be released and to feed his parents' dogs.  We watched a little football and let the dogs run around and play in the yard.  As we were sitting on the couch the dogs came pealing into the house from the backyard.  This is pretty normal because they chase each other around constantly so we thought nothing of it.  And then I smelled it.  It smelled like cow poop and it was STRONG. I jumped up and grabbed Rudy and realized that he was COVERED in leaves and poop.  GROSS!  So we tried to grab him to throw him into the bathtub, but just then the door opened and his parents were walking in.  I yelled for Rudy to come so that he wouldn't jump his poop-covered self up onto BF's parents and ran to grab him.  Nora peed on the floor at the same time from all of the excitement and BF managed to wrap Rudy in a towel and throw him into the bathroom before he did any damage.  I quickly shut the bathroom door and started scrubbing Rudy and covering him with soap.  I did get him clean, but I was so mad that he rolled around in poop!

BF and I ended up getting home around 10:30 or 11pm and sort of slumped into bed.  Long Day.


Today BF and I found out that we weren't the only bidders on the house, so we were put into a lottery for it.  We weren't selected in the lottery and I was so bummed when I found out, but then our broker told us that it didn't mean we won't get it.  The other bidder's bid was selected in the lottery, but the bid has not yet been approved which means we may have a chance at this house anyway, but only if the current winning bidder doesn't get their stuff in correctly or if their bid isn't approved.  It's such a weird process with these homes and super stressful!  In the mean time we are looking at other homes, even though they will cost way more.

Now I'm off to get a filling.  YAY!

No comments: