Monday, December 5, 2011

Feeling Very Grown Up

As I write this I'm looking at my "To Do" list from the weekend to see what I missed and besides NOT MISSING ANYTHING that I needed to get done, I also realized that I'm a Grown Up now.

What?  When did this happen? 

It happened when BF and I applied for a pre-approved home loan over the weekend because we are looking to get into a house. 

HOLY CRAP. 

I'm super nervous about the whole thing (because, you know... 30 year mortgage, purchasing appliances, property taxes, etc) but I'm also insanely excited!  The thought of having a place of our own where we can let the puppies run around free in the yard and we can have a huge compost bin instead of having to throw our scraps away, and being able to PAINT and  change anything I want is AWESOME.  Also, a 2 car garage so we can both park inside on the cold, wet Oregon days is appealing.

We've found a house we LOVE and that is close to BF's school, so we are hoping to go see it, win the bid and get a loan ASAP so we can get this going. 

The excitement is overwhelming, but I'm still stressing out until it's all worked out. 

No comments: