Tuesday, September 4, 2012

24 Days

WHAT?!  I'm getting married in 24 days.  This is starting to get real, you guys.

Ok, so I feel like I need to play a little catch up because I haven't been posting regularly.  Here's what we've been up to:

1.  BF got a full time teaching job for this year!  YAY!  He starts teaching the 4/5 blend class at Atkinson Elementary.  We are so excited, but a little stressed out.  BF spent most of last week cleaning his class room, trying to get his supplies in order and planning out his curriculum and lesson plans.  FUN.  But we are grateful that he has a full time permanent position. 

2.  BF got a new (new to us) car!  Woohoo!  We knew we were outgrowing BF's car when we moved into the new house and started making frequent trips to Home Depot and Lowe's.  He started looking around a few months ago and decided that he didn't want another small car, but rather like Honda Elements.  They stopped making them a year or so ago, so he's been looking at used ones.  We found a couple we liked, so went for a test drive with one and BF decided that was it!  He's sad to sell his car, but happy that we will have a larger vehicle.

3.  We got our marriage license.  It was kind of boring, but it made things feel more real and official!  

4.  I figured out how I want to style my center pieces for the reception and ordered all of the vase fillers and flowers to go in them.  Expensive and time consuming, but insanely more affordable than having a florist do them.  There is no way I'm spending more than what the food costs for center pieces, which is why we are doing them ourselves ahead of time.

5.  I learned how to Kayak.  Yesterday, being the Labor Day holiday, my parents decided they wanted to go to the lake.  I've never been kayaking and got to try it for the first time yesterday.  It was so much fun!  I think BF and I need to invest in a couple of kayaks and go regularly.  What an ab and arm work out!

In a nutshell, that's what we have been up to.  I getting super distracted and can't even write a full post without switching over to browse at Bridesmaid gifts.  24. Days.

No comments: