Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Waking Up to Fall

This weekend was a strange one, in weather terms at least.  It was summer-warm and then autumn-cool; it rained, then shined, then sprinkled, then shined, then 5-minute-thunderstormed, then sun again.  But in the midst of the weather-mania is a constant that I'm starting to remember- cool evenings and changing leaves.  I'm totally excited.

I LOVE Fall.  I say it every year, and every year it becomes truer and truer.  This year especially so.  I find myself pining over the cozy sweaters and tall boots that are daily being presented in store windows and shelves.  I am craving soups and stews and searching for new recipes to bolster our old favorites.  I am itching to bake some fragrant goodies and I'm perusing the craft and decor websites for new items to add to my collection.  My mind wanders frequently to Halloween costume ideas, possible seasonal party opportunities and how in the heck I can make my house look like Hogwarts without my neighbors and friends thinking I've totally lost my mind. 

Also, we are getting married in 18 days.  I'm more excited each day!  Just a few small details left to nail down (like actually putting the center pieces on the tables the day of the wedding) but we are set!  This coming weekend I have my trial run hair and make up.  She said it could take 4 hours... but will be much faster the day of.  I have never just sat for 4 hours so this will be interesting.  I had the hardest time finding a lipstick since I don't wear a lot of make up normally; who knew that that would be my most manic point in this whole wedding thing so far.  I did happen to find an absolutely awesome mascara (not all natural and eco-friendly like I normally like to use) at Sephora- Diorshow Black Out Waterproof mascara.  Boy-Howdy is it waterproof!  I tested it on Saturday and it is BLACK BLACK BLACK.  It didn't smudge or flake off at all even though I was running all over town and got a little sweaty doing yard and house work in the afternoon.  It did not come off with my regular face wash, so I slept with it on (after washing the rest of my make up off; I will need to get a heavy duty eye make up remover for this stuff!) and woke up sunday looking like I had just put the mascara on.  Totally perfect for a possibly-teary wedding day!

What are your favorite things about Fall?




No comments: