Thursday, July 3, 2008

That's What She Said

Oh Man. Sometimes things just fly out of my mouth before I can stop them. I've learned that there's no use in backpedaling, you just have to face it like an adult. Other times things that are going on in my head just tumble out of my mouth, as if the filter from my brain to my mouth is temporarily stuck on "open" and I don't even realize that I said it until I hear the echo of my own words and the expression on someone's face.

Example of a conversation: (but I'm going to leave out exactly what I said)

Me: (statment I made without really wanting to say it or thinking about the repercussions of saying it)
Person: ... what?
Me: Um... (repeat statement, almost in questioning tone, as if to ask myself aloud if I really said it)
Person: ...
Me: You don't have to respond to that. Don't say anything... you really don't need to. Seriously.
(and then later I add this)
... sometimes things fly out of my mouth before I've really thought about them, so... sorry.

Don't worry, it wasn't something crazy or offensive. Ugh, sometimes I wish it were though. That'd be easier to apologize for. I could also maybe blame that on temporary insanity or stress or something? But the things I say cannot be excused. Oh well. At least this doesn't happen all that often.

No comments: