Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day Randomness

I went to Fred Meyer today (actually, I go to Fred Meyer almost daily). I went to look for V-day cards for the parents.





Of course they have tons of red and pink and candy and flowers and lingerie and lotions decorating every available front aisle space. And they have the seasonal aisles lined with plush stuffed animals and cutesy decorations, Valentine themed tablewear and boxed Valentine cards for the kids. I like looking at all of the funky seasonal stuff- and sometimes I really have to stop myself from buying it (some of it is hokey, but SO TEMPTING!).





Anyhow, today a man brought his 3 small kids to pick out Valentine's Day gifts with him for his wife/their mother. It was so freakin' adorable I almost died. They kept tossing things in the cart and saying, "Oh, Mom would like this, Daddy" or "Mom likes pink a LOT so we should get her this". He was trying to monitor it all, and I'm sure they left with a few things that he just couldn't get back on the shelf. Eventually he steered them over to the flowers and told them to pick out the prettiest flowers and he'd get those. So all three kids were scampering around the tables trying to pick out flowers and also on tip toes trying to smell them all. One child had her face completely buried in an arrangment inhaling deeping and she exclaimed,"Dad! We've got to get these! They smell so good that she won't be able to smell your feet!".





I had to walk away so they wouldn't see my hysterical, body shaking laughter.

In other hysterical news- BF is taking me to the Roller Derby for Valentine's day. Can we say "AWESOME"? I'll be taking my camera. Here's to class and roller derby fun!



P.S. Just in case you were wondering, This Guy is now 18, which means it's not sick of me to want to date him or think he's just the cutest thing ever. I'm just saying.




No comments: