Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What's Another Word for Overwhelmed?

It's about all I can do to make it through a work day this week.  I'm freakin' sad about losing my boss to the dark side (as I call them), but it's a good promotion for her.  I've got a to-do list several miles long and I don't have the energy to tackle half of it.  I feel mean because people keep asking me to do extra stuff and I just don't have time to be my nice, normal, accomodating self. Maybe I'm just biding my time until Thursday when I start my mini- vacation.

People keep asking how I'm doing and I feel like I'm on repeat saying, "Overwhelmed!", but that's truly how I feel right now. 

We needed to have hired my replacement 2 weeks ago because it's to the point now where I won't even have time to train this person when we do hire them. 

Enough complaining. 

I've got Friday through next Wednesday off and I'm TURNING OFF my email and work phone.  I started sending advanced warning that I would be out of the office "so don't call me or email me because I WILL NOT get back to you until next Thursday", but we know how much attention people pay to anything so that's why I'm literally not opening my work email at all and I'm putting a greeting on my phone that says "I'm gone for a few days so only leave a message if it's important and not an emergency... if it's an emergency call 911 because I will not be checking my messages".  I have to be that blunt sometimes.


It'll be lovely not to have to respond to anything for a few days. 

It gets even better because BF bought us pre-sale tickets to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II in 3D!!!!  So I'm kicking off my vacation by taking our friends Kyle and Kate shopping at the employee store and then watching HP at 12:01 on Friday morning.  Then I'll sleep in, go to a nice lunch with our Admin Group from work and eat some Mexican food.  Friday night will be softball as always and then Saturday is sleeping in, haircut and a baseball adventure.

So I'm not totally into baseball because no one gets in bloody fights and it's sort of slow to watch, however one of the boys from BF's softball team was contracted to play with the Corvallis Knights this summer.  We are headed down to Corvallis on Saturday afternoon with a lot of the guys on BF's current softball team to watch a Knights game.   And then we are eating at Block 15 which is BF and my favorite place to eat of all time.

Sunday we are planning on having the family over for a BBQ, so I have to figure out how everyone will fit in our little apartment, but I'm sure we'll make it work. 

I have no plans for Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday so I think I'll end up doing stuff around the house and maybe finding a storage space for our extra stuff that doesn't have a home in our apartment.  It's all useful stuff, but seasonal things I'd like to keep can't be displayed all year, and definitely can't be taking up our extra bedroom/office space either.  All that clutter and boxes stresses me out.

Is it Thursday yet?

2 comments:

Rian said...

IT IS THURSDAY!

Heather said...

YAY!!!!!!!! Also, your profile pic looks like you are drunk and crazy and maybe about to kill someone or throw up.