Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sometimes Thursday Should Be Friday

I've been terrible at keeping track of the days this week.  Tuesday I thought it was Wednesday for half of the day, and yesterday felt like it should have been a Friday; today, even more so, feels like it should be the end of the work week.  I think it's because the summer weather has finally appeared and it feels like it should in July.


I think I'm just anxious to get out of town for some camping.  This weekend BF, Rudy and I are heading to Nehalem for a little overnight camp trip.  It's not that far and we are only staying one night but it's nice to get out of the house and out of town just for a little while.

Also, I'm not diabetic or pre-diabetic.  Thanks to my eye exam we know that now.  It wasn't really a concern of mine even though it does run in the family (mom's side is Native American, but I'm convinced that it's not genetic with them but a symptom of their eating habits).  Randomly during my eye exam last week the student doing my exam (I usually go to Pacific University's eye clinic) asked if she could test my blood sugar for a research project they are doing in one of her classes.  She asked a few questions (like when and what did I eat last, if diabetes ran in the family, took my blood pressure, etc) and then pricked me and my sugar level about 2 hours after eating lunch was a 116.  The "normal" blood sugar range for someone without diabetes should be <140, so I think I'm good.  I meant to look up the normal range for these things last week after my actual appointment, but kept forgetting.  I'd like to thank my mom for not introducing us to sweets and treats until we were out of our toddler years and for always providing healthy foods for us to eat for my good results.  Oh, and BF for helping me put together a great nutritional plan a few years ago that included whole grains and less processed food.

Let's hope when I get home today that BF has great news about winning the lottery. 

No comments: