Monday, August 1, 2011

Nehalem, Pizza and the Importance of a Pillow

Oregon is beautiful right now.  In a way, I'm sort of glad that summer was a little slow to start because usually we are in the middle of heat waves and the only time I feel comfortable is when I'm in a cold shower or in my air conditioned car... but this year not so much. 

Over the weekend BF and I took Rudy to Nehalem Bay to camp.  We only stayed 1 night, but Rudy had a blast exploring the campsite and running wild on the beach.

Beach Rudy!

He ran himself ragged, which was good because when we got home he was super mellow and just napped the rest of the evening. 

We honestly didn't do much in Nehalem.  BF and I had decided ahead of time that we didn't want to cook our dinner the first night since it was "cheat meal" night, so we did a little research and landed on a pizza place in Seaside (only 25 miles away) called Angelina's.  We called ahead and told them where we were driving from so they wouldn't sit there waiting for us to arrive.  It was hands down, the best pizza I've eaten in a long time.  Not that I eat a lot of pizza, but you know,  DARN GOOD. 

The one thing that went awry on our little getaway was that we forgot to bring our pillows.  I always forget how important a good pillow is for a good night's sleep.  Needless to say we didn't get a lot of restful sleep and woke up with slightly sore/stiff necks and shoulders. 

This week should be nice and easy because almost everyone is on vacation until next week.  Can we say awesome?

No comments: