Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rose City 'Till I Die

BF and I on the Budweiser Balcony with Timber Joey


AHHHHHHH!


Last night I had the wonderful opportunity to take myself and BF to the Portland Timbers vs. LA Galaxy game.  Though I support my team through and through, I was a little nervous about how we'd perform against the number one ranked MLS team. 

We got to sit in the Budweiser Balcony, which was fully catered so all we had to do was show up with our Timbers pride and enjoy the evening.  Before the game and after finding a pretty convenient parking spot, I hit up the Timbers Army merch van to buy a crest shirt since they aren't branded (meaning I will NOT wear an Adi shirt, even if it is to support my favorite team) and since I recently joined the TA and the 107ist organization I figured I sort of needed one anyway.  We headed into Jeld Wen stadium to find our seats. 

Once we were settled we dug into a barbeque dinner (chicken breast, pulled pork, cole slaw, the works!) and enjoyed the sun, although it did get a bit warm.  Once the game started the air was electric and we were lucky enough to be right next to the Timbers Army seating so we could participate in all of the cheers and chants.

About 26 minutes in we scored.  It took me a second to realize that we had actually done it!  A few minutes later we scored again and then I got so nervous ( I don't know why, it's not like I was playing).  I didn't want to be overly confident that we had this game nailed, but it was so hard not to be ecstatic.  Our boys did an amazing job and were super aggressive.  We had a few more great shots, but nothing else until the second half.   We scored again in the 2nd half and I just couldn't believe it; we were 3-0 against the best team in the league!  With confidence and energy the Timbers held the Galaxy off and even managed a few more great shots before the game was over.

The crowd was deafening and I was thoroughly enjoying the evening.  BF and I stayed and watched Timber Joey give the chainsawed rounds to the scoring members of the team and present them to the crowd.  It was a fantastic evening and I am totally addicted to these games!

No comments: