Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend In Review

Here it is in short points and I will elaborate later:


- Laundry
- Storage Space
- Gym
- Dog Walk
- Sellwood wandering
- Grand Central Bakery Lunch
- Gym
- Baseball Game
- Hot Dogs
- 1:10am wake up call
- Early Morning Police Call
- Clean House
- Church League Softball
- Heat
- Family Dinner
- Desserts
- Dog Puke

** Updated! **

Now here are my elaborations as promised:

Friday night I started on what turned out to be a weekend full of laundry, which was actually ok.  Sometimes it's nice to have clean everything, including clothes and linens.  With the disappointment of last week (BF did NOT get the full time kindergarten classroom he was hoping for) we didn't have much in the way of weekend plans.  We did finally get a storage space for our seasonal items and large items that don't fit into our house.  We went to the gym as usual and just hung out and watched 127 Hours in the evening (which I highly recommend).

Saturday we woke up bright and early so we could help out at BF's elementary school clean up.  I packed water and a snack and my leather work gloves expecting to have to pull weeds and spread barkdust but as we drove past the street that the school is located on, BF and I made the decision that we did not, in fact, want to spend our Saturday morning doing any of that and that the school would be just fine with the million community members that showed up to help. Instead we parked and wandered around the Sellwood neighborhoods looking at homes for sale and for rent because we would LOVE to live down there.  It'd be convenient for BF since that's where he currently works and it's just the cutest dang town ever.  After our wander, we decided to eat at Grand Central Bakery since it's delicious and BF happened to have a couple of gift cards there to use.  I had the Sausage Cheese Biscuit and BF had an awesome turkey sandwich.  We lucked out and beat the early lunch crowd by minutes and had our order in before the line stretched out the door.

We headed home and decided that the gym was a must after such a hearty breakfast.  After lunch I did more laundry and we hung out with Rudy until it was time to head to Keizer for the Volcanos baseball game.  BF's parents got tickets so it was a fun family outing.  BF and I ate Volcano Dogs for our "snack" which were absolutely delicous.  Something about a hot dog/polish dog at a sporting event is much more satisfying than one at home.  When we went home I was so tired and happy from all the good food that I didn't care if I made it to the bed or not, I could have fallen asleep anywhere.

At around 1:10am I woke up out of a dead sleep to an awful screaming rant which I thought was only going to last a minute, but after a 5 minute reprieve it started again.  I cannot tell you how horrifying this screaming was.  At first, before I started listening and while I was only half aware while still waking up, I thought someone was being murdered.  But then I realized that this person was screaming a rage-filled rant to someone else who was only somewhat yelling back. I opened the blinds since it sounded like it was right outside of our window but didn't see anyone and then I realized it was coming from one of the 3rd floor folks who had their windows WIDE OPEN.  After a few minutes of trying to decipher what was going on, I slipped my flip flops on and walked outside where I met one of our other neighbors trying to figure out who and what had woken him up so horribly.  Apparently a couple was having some sort of issue at 1 in the morning and the best way for them to resolve it was by waking up the whole complex.  I tried to go back to bed, but the screaming and door slamming persisted so I called the non-emergency police line to report a domestic dispute.  The police were there in no time to help sort out the situation and luckily they only called me to verify the address as they were pulling up and I had no further involvement.  The worse part of the whole thing is that there are small children in that apartment. I don't care what you do to yourself, but when you act like an asshole in front of your child I have to draw the line and call for back up.

It took a while for me to settle back down and go to sleep, and even then I only slept restlessly.

Sunday morning was a "rest" day so no gym, but I was in a hyper-motivated state of mind and cleaned the whole house so thoroughly you could have declared it a Clean Room and manufactured chips in it (totally dorky Intel reference).  Seriously, every single thing we owned got cleaned.  I did some more laundry and then we headed out in the heat of the day to play on my parents' church league co-ed softball team. BF played and I was there for support (I don't really play softball).  It didn't feel so bad in the shade, but as the sun moved, my shade disappeared and we were red hot by the end of the game and ready to be back inside. 

After softball we had to cool off and change before heading to Chevy's for a dinner with part of BF's extended family.  More food!  It was delicious as always (wish I could make that salsa!) and afterwards we went to BF's parents house to socialize more with the fam and eat some homemade treats.  We went home to rescue the dog from boredom after a while.  He got so excited that we were home that he ran circles around us when we walked in the door, drank entirely too much water, and then jumped up on the couch and puked on my sweater and on the couch while I was reading.   

I was out cold a few minutes after getting into bed and didn't even wake up to move until this morning. 

It's going to be a busy week, I can tell, but probably a good one.

No comments: