Monday, March 17, 2008

Celtic Woman!

Yes, I'm Irish, and Scottish by default I think. Today, being St. Patrick's Day, and also having heard a TON of Celtic music on the radio all day, I decided I would like to pay tribute to my Irish heritage.

There are a few things that I am noted for, and now that I think about it, some of them are a bit stereotypically Irish. One that is a double edged sword- my temper. I don't go around being mad all of the time, but if you push me you best be prepared. Enough said.

I also have a strange fascination and appreciation for bagpipes. This MUST be hereditary because I'm not sure I would have this view if I weren't in my blood.

My last name is of Irish origin, Gorman, formerly O'Gorman, but it was dropped after one of the many large battles hundreds of years ago when the O'Gormans and the MacGormans got mixed up for a few decades, dropped their prefixes for fear of persecution from the "other" side (forgive me, but I don't remember whom we were fighting then) and then couldn't remember who was who so some of us just gave up. There are some that re-adopted the prefixes, but were mistaken and picked the wrong one, which makes family history a bit difficult.


My first name is a flower that originates and is prevalent in Ireland and England.

I strangely like rain. Which is probably why I prefer the Northwest to most other places I have lived. I have gone back to other places I once lived and realized that it wasn't as good as I thought, or perhaps it was but I have adjusted quite nicely to where I am now.

So there you go, a few random facts about me. Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!

No comments: