Monday, March 10, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

In the spirit of it being a fabulous week, I decided to use a bit of my time and think about what I love and what I love to do and share those. Hopefully you will reflect on the things that make you happy, too. ** Note- these are not in any specific order**

MUSIC: This is probably my most favorite thing in the whole world...
1. Coldplay- Parachutes
2. Jimmy Eat World- Clarity and Bleed American... it's a tie.

3. Smashing Pumpkins- specifically the songs "33" and "Stand Inside Your Love"
4. Mason Jennings- Use Your Voice
5. Silversun Pickups- Carnavas
... so take a fun drive and just listen to some of this music and tell me you don't feel wonderful when you get home. Now when I hear them I am instantly in a great mood.

MOVIES: Sometimes it's better to watch the same movie that you love rather than find new ones.
1. The Princess Bride
2. Empire Records
3. The Wizard Of Oz (I have been Dorothy for Halloween many times)
4. The Red Shoes
5. The Labrynth ... yeah, the one with one Mr. David Bowie

FOOD: What could be better?
1. Chocolate Mousse
2. Cinnabon

3. baby green peas- steamed but not mushy
4. Spumoni Ice Cream
5. tater-tot caserole, but only my mom's... a little WT, but who isn't?

PEOPLE:
1. Forest Encell
2. Billy Corgan
3. Ruth and Naomi... of biblical fame.

4. My Mom
5. Gordon B. Hinckley

FLOWERS: No explanation needed
1. Gerbera Daisies- the bright neon shades, not the pastel ones
2. Roses- the yellowish-orange ones with the bright pink/orange tips
3. Daffodils
4. Tulips
5. Purple Heathers

MISC: For things without a specific category
1. Driving by myself or with 1 guest long distances with no scheduled time to be any place.
2. Taking cat naps with Elliot.
3. Baking and decorating holiday treats.
4. Shoes... good thing I work where I do...
5. photos and taking new photos... and black and white photos
6. Trees
7. being so exhausted you fall asleep the second your head hits the pillow!


No comments: