Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Problem Is...

... that I can't really decide what I want to do for the rest of my life. There are so many interesting things out there that I could see myself doing, and I can't settle on a single one! I have so many interests, which some would say make you well rounded, and I am fairly well-read, but I would like to argue that this has handicapped me a bit. Does this make sense?

Well, even if it doesn't, it still doesn't help me decide what I am doing. I am afraid of being bored and average because I have really never been either. Ok, I have been bored, but in a different sense. The point is, I need a little direction because I am going full force into the unknown, unplanned, unscheduled and unresearched.

I guess all we can do is keep going and just try to find some comfort in the fact that we are not alone and completely aimless; that there is a plan for each one of us, even though we don't always know what that plan is. Forgive my little freak out. Maybe I will take a few days off and find more interesting things that I may add to my list of possibilities.

2 comments:

Courtney B said...

I think I know how you feel. At least a slight bit. I have been in the same boat... and now I am working jobs that one semi relate to my degree... which is OK with me :)
Just keep doing the other things you love on the side. I don't know if I just made any sense.
But... you should definitely come over sometime! We miss you and you should meet Lucy.

Mandee said...

I think you should do something that has to do with singing. I LOVE your voice!! Give me your email address so I can invite you to be an author on my music blog.

BTW, I just found out that it was your b-day on Thurs. I feel very lucky that I was able to hang out with you on you b-day, but a complete a## that I had no idea! We were all talking about birthdays too! Happy Late Birthday!!!

I need your dad's number again...