Monday, March 10, 2008

Dreiundzwanzig!

It sounds better out loud than it looks spelled out, in my opinion. And it definitely sounds better auf Deutsch than English; mostly because I can trick myself into thinking that it's a smaller number.

Tomorrow I turn 23. That seems SO OLD to me, even though I know it's not incredibly old at all... especially by comparison. Here are my 23 year old birthday presents so far (and I'm not even 23):
1. tickets to the ballet
2. tickets to Foo Fighters
3. needing glasses to read, work at the computer and drive
4. creaking ankle and knees that pop every time I bend them
5. increasingly severe allergies to pollen, mold, and dust

That's two for the good and three for the bad...
But it's not as bad as I make it out to be. Glasses are cute, I am eating cake and ice cream for whatever meals I want this week (which I will get sick of real quick so it will only be two or three meals), and I have an excuse for not doing yard work.

Also, I have decided that it is my birthday week. I have one week to celebrate however I want and I will continue this tradition as long as I live. One singular day will never be enough, especially when one's birthday almost always falls on a weekday. I think it is an adoptable tradition and I encourage everyone else to do it too.

2 comments:

Courtney B said...

that is amazing. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I want a birthday week too when I have my birthday... forever away.

Zach said...

Happy Birthday Heather!

Enjoy the Foo, they put on a great show. Glad to see you hanging on to your youth in some ways.

poppong joints is better than what I got for my 23rd birthday. I broke up with my current girlfriend, and got diabetes. it was awesome. That was almost 4 years ago... so who's the old one here.