Wednesday, March 26, 2008

About Dreams...

Not the "goal" sort of dreams, but the literal dreams you have while you sleep. Recently I have had a few bizarre ones, but nothing too out of the ordinary, just your run of the mill, "that made no sense whatsoever" dreams. A lot of the time I write dreams down that I remember just so I can read over them later and see if there is anything interesting. I'm not totally into tracking dreams, etc or researching them... I just don't have that kind of time... or really that huge of an interest in it. However, I was watching television the other day... don't remember what channel or program, but people were talking about dreams and deja vu. Deja Vu happens to me all the time, and usually I remember that I have already dreamed what just happened. It's so strange because it's never anything that I would see or do on a regular basis and usually there are specific details in a moment that remind me I know what is already going to happen. I have deduced that not one single instance of this has been circumstantial or because of familiarity with a location, people, etc. Weird.

Does this happen to anyone else? It's hard to explain but I'll give you an example. Not that long ago I had a dream about me driving down this road and there was a particular colossal tree that looked awesome because of it's size and way the sun peeked through the branches. I was wearing a zip-up sweatshirt and the laces were tangled so while I was driving I used one hand to untangle them. I then looked up again, had passed the tree and come to a stop sign, then my phone started ringing and it was one of my friends who said,"Hey Baby, wanna come over? A bunch of people are coming over to hang out and so should you." I didn't think much of that dream and actually forgot it for a few days. About three days later I had to drive somewhere I have NEVER been before to drop off a package. I was driving down the road and saw a tree...

After I untangled my sweatshirt ties I realized I had dreamed everything already and remembered the phone TWO SECONDS before it rang... and when I answered it was said friend saying the EXACT same thing from my dream! INSANITY.

So maybe I will make more time to research this sort of thing. My question is why does this happen and what can explain it? Why is it important? (I mean, it wouldn't happen unless there was a specific reason for it, that's my reasoning anyhow about most things).

I hope you guys don't think I'm crazy, and I really hope this happens, at least to some extent, to someone else I know!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Also... can you guess who called me in my dream (and in real life?) Just think about who talks like that with TONS of voice inflection.

Courtney B said...

I do think you're crazy!

Just kidding...

But I have never had that happen and was always jealous of people that it did happen to... because I feel like the only one who hasn't had that happen.

Was it Forest?

Heather said...

Yes, it was Forest!!!

It makes me feel crazier the more I think about it, and then today I was like... "I need to know that I'm NOT the only one..."

but since you've heard of other people having the same experience, I do feel a bit better.