Monday, June 30, 2008

More Races, Please!

I've never really liked running. I'm pretty honest about it. Sometimes I go through phases and it makes me feel good, so I do it, but I've never professed my love for running. I'd rather not get sweaty and gross when nothing is chasing me and I could very well use a different form of transportation to get somewhere.

What made me think that I would like running in a race? Who knows. But I decided I would try it... and I surprised myself. I LOVED it. I want to do more. I'm not saying I did wonderfully and am a natural, but running this year's Livestrong Challenge motivated me to start doing something. So I'm looking for more races (preferrably not too serious ones that are around 5k). If you hear of any, let me know!

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Hey, it sounds like so much fun! I suck at running, but I've loved the races that I've done. There's one in October in Portland called "Run Like Hell" or something like that. It's a half marathon, but there is also a 5k. People dress up in costumes for the race and there is a costume contest at the end. Sounded fun! Here's the link to it

http://www.terrapinevents.com/run-
like-hell.htm

Heather said...

Believe me, I'm not the best at it either. But it was way fun! I would definitely be interested in the "Run Like Hell" 5k, so I think a bunch of us should do it!