Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Naps = Happy

For three days I've been saying I need to take a nap. I'm determined that this will happen today. Nap sleeping is vastly different from night sleeping. I don't know why, but I think it is much more satisfying. It is my theory that this is because naps are like a gift, and going to bed is routine.

So after work I'm going to take a nap before I do anything else. If you call me, I apologize ahead of time, but I'm not going to answer. If you come over, I'm locking the door so don't expect admittance. There is no way I'm going another day without one.

Also, places of employment should institute nap times at work. I think we'd be a happier country if mandatory nap-time was the standard. You could pick when you wanted, though. I definitely couldn't take a nap anywhere between 11am and 2pm. Between 3pm and 6pm is the optimal time for me.

Last note: did anyone have "mental health days" in health class in high school? If you know what I'm talking about, let's discuss the hilarity and awesomeness of that soon.

No comments: