Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Media News (AKA, Things I'm Doing, Listening To, Seeing, and Passing on to You)

A few items for you today:


1. Muse has not listed any tour dates on the West Coast of the US for their upcoming tour. I'm beside myself. All I want to do is see Muse. That's it. This is my top focus right now. They've got dates listed through December 4th of this year, but that's it and most of them in Europe (Georgia, Virginia and Texas dates to not count). I'm hoping they are planning a full blown US tour with a stop or two (or three) in the Northwest. If not, I will be buying a plane ticket to France. I'm just saying.


2. Weezer has a new album coming out soon.

That's right.

They didn't take their customary 5 year break between records. Maybe because only a few songs on the Red Album were listenable and they felt bad. But I don't have much hope because the title of the new album is...

"Raditude"

Oh Weezer. How I love thee... but you must realize by now that you are torturing your old school fans. I've listened to the single that was realeased yesterday from this album; not half bad. I'm going to be wary until I can listen to the whole thing. Sorry. It's not you... but it kind of is.


3. I've started playing my guitar again.

Oh, you didn't know that I played the guitar? Well, I use "play" loosely. Basically I'm starting over and reteaching myself guitar and hopefully getting futher than I did a few years back. Why? Because I need creative outlets and I wanna sing in a band, darn it! And why shouldn't I? But I've got to get myself into some kind of musical shape before I put myself out there.

I've gotten a pretty good start: 1 accoustic guitar, 1 accoustic amp, 1 capo, 1 tambourine, 1 harmonica, emotional baggage and a love of music.


4. Saw 500 Days of Summer the other day. It was great. It was a little too close to my situation, but I think I am getting far enough removed from it now that I can appreciate a film resembling parts of my life. Anyway, good soundtrack, great dance number (that's right) and Joseph Gordon Levitt is way cuter than I remember him being. Odd. I will probably always associate him with Third Rock from the Sun, but oh well. Go see it. You will like it.


5. Rented Gravity the other day. It's just some movie I ran across at the rental place. I must be on some kind of Zooey Deschanel kick lately because she is in it. So is the older brother from Little Miss Sunshine, Paul Dano. It was HILARIOUS, but also sweet and sad and awkward. Good movie to watch when you've got nothing to do and just want to veg on the couch.

No comments: