Monday, August 10, 2009

When I Sleep, I'm Usually Dreaming...

I've been having some strange dreams the past couple of weeks. It's so odd. Sometimes I wake up euphoric and grateful for life; other times I wake up angry and hurt; mostly I wake up utterly confused.

The dream I had last night left me completely puzzled when I woke up.

I had to join the military. I'm not sure why... but it was not an option in my dream to NOT join. I was in this clinic getting a physical from some military doctors and then they told me that I would have to undergo a detox program before basic training.

They handed all of the ladies and myself being examined a big glass of milky liquid and told us to drink it and put on these hospital gowns. I didn't want to drink it and asked to go to the bathroom first. I changed into the flimsy gown in the bathroom and drank some water. I then made my way back down to the large room where I had been examined before. All the other ladies had already changed into their gowns and taken the liquid. They were all lying down on cots and nurses were attending to them. I grabbed my cup of liquid and tried to down it quickly. It was bitter and disgusting and had some floating chunks of stuff in it. (I can still remember that taste, even though I've never actually tasted anythink like it. YUCK!).

After I had finished, I found a cot and sat on it. The lady told me that we had just taken a powerful laxative and that I should rest for a while because I wouldn't be able to rest after that.

Then I woke up (thankfully).

That's right. I dreamt that I had to join the military and that the military gave me laxatives.


WHAT?


So I looked it up. Apparently if you dream about taking laxatives, you are holding on to some emotional stuff and you need to let go... go figure.

And if you dream about the military it means you have repressed emotions. Again, go figure.


I also had a crazy dream about my hair. I just remember standing in front of a full length mirror and running my fingers through my hair. My hair was MUCH longer in the dream... about to my hips. It was also sort of wavy and silky. I was just looking at my hair and thinking about how long and beautiful it was.

Ok, I don't really dwell on my hair much. Some days it does what I want it to do and others I don't even try because I have better things to do. I woke up thinking how vain and random it was. Nothing else happened in the dream at all.

I looked it up (you know me!). According to my sources, dreaming about long hair means that I am thinking long and carefully about a decision or concentrating on a plan or situation.

Weird.

I've always been interested in dreams and what they mean. I believe in the connection between dreams and the subconcious processes of our minds. It may seem weird, but I think you can really learn a ton about yourself from your dreams. At least, I'm trying to do this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love that you need to take an emotional dump.