Monday, August 3, 2009

Thank You, Universe

I have good friends.

No.

I have GREAT friends. They make me leave my house when I don't want to and see movies and eat food and go sailing. If it weren't for them, who knows where I'd be- (not eating, not leaving my house, and NOT sailing and getting a tan).

Sometimes things in life happen and your entire universe is not only thrown out of balance, but ripped apart and sent into a million different directions. A lot has happened in my life, but I've always been fairly flexible and so I've moved on easily. This most recent change (or set of changes) was not something that I wanted to deal with and so when I had to it was all pretty painful and difficult. I thought I was going to die (I know, you can't die from change, but you should have tried to tell me that last week and I would have swore you were wrong).

And then I got out of it all. I'm not 100% feeling great about everything in life, but I am dealing with what I've got. I wouldn't be able to do any of it without some great people.

So thank you, God, for good friends and family who can think for me when I can't; who can keep me put together when all I want to do is fall apart; who remind me how to be a good friend, too.

I know one day I'll look back and be glad for everything that has happened. That may not be for a while, but at least I can see that day coming.

No comments: