Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Interrupter

Dear Friend(s),

Something has been bothering me. It's not that I don't like you, it's just that I'm getting pretty annoyed with something. You aren't a bad person, mostly, it's just that when you start talking you cannot stop we have a conversation you interrupt me or talk over me or cut me off completely and this happens quite frequently. It is my understanding that conversations are a two way street... there is an input and an output. Apparently you only have the Output part down.

If you would like our friendship to continue, I suggest that you learn to listen and take breaks while talking because I cannot sit and listen to your incessant talking much longer be part of a one-sided conversation. It is not fun.

From now on I'm going to just stop talking when you interrupt or talk over me and maybe you'll get the hint. I really don't want to hurt your feelings, but I have important things to contribute and you won't let me.


PS. You aren't the only one who does this, so don't take it personally.


Sincerely,

H

No comments: