Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hood to Coast Relay 2009

I survived...


Surprised?


I am!





I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked because I was a bit preoccupied with getting ready to run, then eat, then try to sleep. Above is the front of our van, but it rained a little so our paint started to drip.



Our van standing around in Sandy waiting for Van #1.


There were many attempts to sleep in the van, but not very many successful attempts.



Lots of hanging out in the van... which was fine when we were stopped and had the windows and doors open to air it out...


Here's Luke running by another runner who stopped to take pictures of the cows... don't worry, it wasn't her leg to run, she had pulled over her van.


I didn't take many running pictures either, because mostly if I was in the van I was getting ready to run or I was trying to get a small nap before my next run. I'm hoping the professional photogs got some good shots of us because if they did I will definitely order them... unless I look like a hot mess in them (which is almost guaranteed). I'll keep you posted.

Overall it was a really great experience. I really didn't think I could do it and was totally shocked that I actually did. I'm so proud of myself and my whole team for getting out there and finishing this relay. I'm looking forward to next year...

That's right. I must be insane because I have every intention of doing this again.


No comments: