Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Why Can't I Just Skip All of This?


It's mini-tantrum time again.

Don't worry, it'll be a short one. Maybe.

I was talking to a married friend the other day who said,"Heather, you are so lucky you don't have a husband or family to deal with all of the time. It's exhausting! You can just pick up and do anything you want at any time or buy yourself anything you want at any time."

Really? Am I THAT lucky?

How about when I have to run errands alone, or come home to an empty house and make dinner for one? Or how about when I want to see a romantic movie at the theater, but have to take myself? What if I just want someone around ALL the time... to know that they are there if I need them and I am there if they need me. I wouldn't have to call and ask for help, I could just walk into the next room...

...


So, married folks, don't take your spouse and family for granted. I know things are hectic and stressful and not always fun, but neither is being single. You have a wonderful support system right there waiting for you.

And DON'T tell me how lucky I am until I meet Mr. Perfectly Right.

1 comment:

Ksenia said...

:) Great post. It's not perfectly easy or always fun in either case. But I do feel really blessed to have this support system.