Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Not My Favorite, But Not Terrible... A Review

SO...

I bought the new Weezer album, Raditude.



Yes, I actually spent money on it. And I actually went to the store instead of downloading it. Can I just take a little detour here and tell you something? It's much better to buy a physical compact disc than to download an album. I feel cheated when I don't have a physical token of something I've spent money on. This is why I don't like spending money on food, because the only physical thing you get from that is usually indigestion and extra weight. Anyhow...

I walked myself down Burnside to good old E.M. and bought it. Because NO ONE ELSE has it and I'm morbidly curious about it.

I asked the guy at the counter if it sucked. His response was, " I honestly haven't even listened to it because I've been way to busy with movies."

Ugh.

I popped it into the CD player in my car (which I've forgiven for blowing up on me, that's another story) and drove around for a bit just trying to get the feel for this new album.

Ok, so it's not bad. I was really prepared for vomitously horrid, but I got mildly entertaining so I'll take it. I'm not letting Weezer off the hook for their venture into all things crappy in the past decade, but this was listenable. Mostly I just thought the lyrics were funny and the melodies a bit sophmoric, but then I realized that there are a handful of songs that I will be putting into playlists so it wasn't a failure.

Not the next big album, though. To sum it up in one word, "Eh".


...so I guess I'm still blogging. Deal.



*** UPDATE*** (11/15/09)

So BF says I'm being too nice and that my "Eh" rating is far too generous. He may be right.

No comments: