Thursday, December 10, 2009

Absence = Good News

So I might have been missing for a few weeks here. Why?
Because I'm so fancy...



I'm SO FANCY because I got a new job.


(giving you space to freak out here... I know you are excited)


I still work for the same company, but I got somewhat of a promotion. You see, the girl that had this job got a different job in a different department- which by most accounts needed to happen (don't judge me, I don't cause the office gossip). Also, my boss left the company (more office drama but I don't have the energy to go into it). So my ex-boss's boss, who the other girl was working for (lost yet?) called me up and was like, "Hey, why don't we have you fill in for So-and-So until we find a permanent replacement."

And of course I was like, "Sounds great."

So I was "filling in" for a couple of weeks and then got the job. Permanently.

What does this mean?


This means AWESOME. That's what it means.

But really it means that I now have my own office/work space in a really cool building at HQ. It means I can walk from my building across the sidewalk to our own private store/salon/restaurant/fancy hang out for lunch and hot cocoa. It means I can go for a run around WHQ if I feel like it. It means I can clip my badge on my pants pocket and look all important and stuff because I actually get to use it to GET INTO BUILDINGS... because, as I said, I am fancy like that.

More importantly, it means my morning commute has been cut in half.

Lastly, it means that I am the busiest I've ever been at work because a lot goes in to getting acquainted to a new job during the holidays. And a lot goes into trying to figure out how to best do my new job since the powers that be decided my role should evolve from what the job originally was (which is a good thing).

So, sorry my sweets, but until I get it more under control I will only be sneak-blogging while I can grab a second here and there.

In other news: OMG- it's almost Christmas!

No comments: