Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Baking Soda is a Miracle Item

So we know that I use baking soda and water instead of shampoo, and I've been looking up ways to make my own household cleansers and most of them call for baking soda as part of the recipe, but I didn't realize that Baking Soda was SO awesome until last night.

I told you about my face rash.  Most of the day at work I spent my energy trying not to scratch at my face which made me pretty grouchy.  I did a Google search of remedies for rashes and allergic reactions and found that a baking soda and water paste has long been used to soothe rashes and bug bites.  Before I went to bed I made a thin paste and gently spread it on my face.  I let it set for a few minutes until it dried and then I rinsed my face in cold water.  As soon as I patted my face dry my skin was noticeably less red and a lot less itchy.  This morning when I woke up my face had cleared up considerably, but still some rash remained so I made some more paste to put on my face while I got dressed.  I'm not wearing any make-up or lotion today because I don't want to irritate my skin further.  I'm totally impressed by baking soda. 

The cool part is that baking soda is inexpensive and easy to find at pretty much any store.  It's way better on your and the environment than harsh chemicals and has a billion uses (as I am finding out).

1 comment:

Crunchy Diva said...

i love baking soda. use it to clean my bath tub, like you as shampoo, in my deordant, as a face wash. so cheap so easy to come by so many uses.