Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dishes and Placemats and Apartments, OH MY!

It was Labor Day weekend, as you probably know, which meant BBQ's and an extra day off.


We didn't have much planned for the weekend, but we did have a big event!  BF's parents came to my parents' place for a BBQ on Saturday to meet for the first time!  Everyone got along great and I think it was pretty successful.  We also had a wonderful meal of bbq ribs, bbq chicken, corn on the cob, scalloped potatoes, shrimp, salad with fresh veggies from my mom's garden, and ambrosia.  I thought I was going to pop.

Sunday BF and I went to look a few places and I think we may have found a good one.  We still want to go look a few more places, but this one is a definite option.  I don't want to jinx it so I'm not going to post the location just yet though.


We also ventured out to look for dishes since I'm getting rid of mine and we need a set to eat off of.  I had a 20% off coupon to Bed Bath and Beyond and so we started our journey there.  We found  a great set pretty quickly and bought them, thusly ending our journey very quickly.


They aren't super patterned or flashy because I tend to pick things that will blend well with any color scheme or season.  I love the delicate red berries on these, they add just enough color without being too much.

We also found some great placemats on sale at Fred Meyer (no picture of those, sadly), but the great part is they are a nice red that matches the berries on the plates AND they are reversible- the other side a nice rich chocolate brown. 

I'm so excited to move I can't even stand it. 

Anyhow, so Sunday evening we saw that new movie, "Going the Distance" with Justin Long and Drew Barrymore. It was cute and full of awesome people like Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis from SNL. 

Monday I did a lot of cleaning and organizing since I had time and then BF and I went out for dinner and gelato.  After our gelato purchase, we walked around Powell's which I one of my favorite things to do. 

All in all it was a pretty nice weekend.

No comments: