Monday, September 13, 2010

Our Relaxing Weekend

OH MY GOSH, I'm going to get more massages.  I had forgotten how awesome they are.


Friday afternoon BF and I ventured down SE Hawthorne to Dosha for our couples massage.  It. Was. Fabulous.  I'd never had a massage there so I was a little unsure of how they did things, but it was very relaxing and probably the best thing I've done for myself in a while.  The therapist started by having me choose an essential oil that I liked the smell of, then he dropped a few drops of it on the massage table's head rest so I would smell it the whole time.  He started the massage by putting a steamy towel on my back and a hot one on my neck for a couple minutes which felt awesome.  Later when he flipped me over he put a steamy rolled up towel under my neck with a few drops of Blue Oil on it which really cleared up my sinuses.  From what I can tell, BF's was about the same, but I wasn't really paying attention because I was close to sleep the entire time. 

At the end of the massage I felt so light and relaxed it was hard to drive back home! 

Friday night was Fall Softball for BF, so after running semi-fun work errands I headed to the field to watch them play.  We went out with the team afterwards, which is always entertaining, and the old guys were in rare form.  There's something sort of awesome about hanging out with old people; tons of great stories, off-color jokes, and hilarious advice.

Saturday was unplanned, but turned into a big day of shopping with my mom.  We haven't gotten to spend a lot of time together recently, so it was nice to get out with her.  We went to Ikea and ended up shopping a bunch of the other stores in that area.  The only thing I got at Ikea was a lamp to match one that I already have, but I found some great bathroom accessories at Home Goods for our new place... which we don't have yet but probably will soon.  I got some great ideas though at Ikea and can't wait to take BF there to do some more housewares/furniture shopping.  We are in need of some more bookshelves I think.

Saturday night we met up with Kyle and Kate at Red Robin for drinks and dessert before we saw "Resident Evil 4", which wasn't too bad, but was pretty cheesy. 

Sunday I ran more errands, went grocery shopping and made a list of what we still need to get before we move.  I also decided that we should have a garage sale after we move.  Then I did massive amounts of laundry and researched better detergents and home cleaning solutions to use. UGH.  It's a little daunting to have to sit and read the labels so thoroughly and then Google all of the chemicals that I don't know about.  But I'm doing the work now so I don't have to do it later, plus I'll know what is what when I read labels in the store.

Today I'm scheduling another massage for BF and I at the end of this month because I will need it.  The weekend is over and I'm missing it terribly.

No comments: