Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Whole Bowl of Random

There are eleventy million things I could write about today and not a one of them makes a good post singularly... so I've decided to put them all in one post.


First off, here are some pictures from my Utah work trip.  It snowed on us, which made the mountains in the background very lovely... when we could see them through the fog and clouds.  But it cleared up a bit one of the days so it wasn't all bad.


Before the snow... view from the hotel



Beautiful snow after the weather cleared up.


Me pointing out the iced-on snow that I would have to clear before going to work.




Anyhow, so that was Utah.


I've been back for a few days now and I'm just starting to feel normal again.  All of my laundry is done and my house is mostly clean and we have groceries.  I started new workouts this week and I'm hoping it doesn't get too rainy and cold so I can still run outside... I'm dreading that indoor treadmill season so much.


I'm freaking out right now because Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK.  That really snuck up on me. I'm fighting myself about Christmas decorations because I LOVE CHRISTMAS SO MUCH that I want to put them all up now... and that would be a little socially unacceptable since it's not even Thanksgiving yet.  I really think it's the best time of the year because of the decorations and the baked goods and the warm drinks, etc. 


When I got home last week, BF and I looked through my boxes of holiday decorations to see what we needed.  We headed out and got some white twinkly lights to wrap our porch with and also got new stocking to hang.  They are a plush velvet with a bedazzled H on mine and an R on his.  I also found the cutest little owl ornament.  I guess our new tradition each year will be for both of us to find a new ornament for the tree.


Speaking of the tree... we will probably have 2 this year.  I have a fake pre-lit one that I ADORE- because it's a pretty dang good one that doesn't look fake, and also because I have the death-allergies and so live plants tend to give me a hard time.  BF's family tradition is to go cut one down (which my family did when we were younger as well).  I respect that, so we are putting my tree up and then we are going to go cut down a little one (think under 4 feet) and have a live one as well.  "It's not christmas until you are cold, wet and miserable."  I have no idea where we will put either tree, but we'll figure it out.  We may be moving the dining room table into the extra bedroom for a while. 

We also bought our holiday cards to send out this year so I'm in the tedious process of updating my address book.  FUN.

Now we just need to start collecting Christmas lists from the family and start the holiday shopping. 

No comments: