Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful, Busy Times

Happy late Thanksgiving everyone!  I want to pause for a moment and list a few things that I am so grateful for (as I did not have a chance to do this last week).  Don't worry, I'll keep it brief.


1. For BF, who is a constant riot and whom I love with all my heart.
2. For my crazy parents and sister who love and support me and are always making me laugh (even when they aren't trying).
3.  My job; for obvious reasons (like a paycheck) but also because I work with some truly awesome people that inspire me to work harder and become a better person.
4.  My Country, because I have the freedom to be who I want to be and live how I want to live without oppression.




I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!


Now on to the business.  Last week was crazy, mostly because I work for a retail company so things are always crazy around the holidays.  We have so many great things going on, but it takes people working hard to pull it all off so that is what I was doing last week, with some minor kinks in the chain.  The weather at the beginning of the week sort of put things a little behind, but I caught back up quickly. 


Thursday we went to BF's family's house for our first half of our Thanksgiving celebration.  We had a lovely late lunch with BF's parents, sister and grandparents (who were a laugh and a half) with all of my favorite Thanksgiving meal items.  After we sufficiently stuffed ourselved we headed to my parents' house to have an early dinner.  I was pretty comatose from the food so after a quick rest we played Seinfeld Monopoly with my parents for a couple hours and then headed home, car loaded with leftovers from both meals. 


We've been eating Thanksgiving leftovers all weekend and I think I've had my fill of turkey.   

It was hard to adjust to going back to work this week after a nice long weekend, but I'm sort of happy to be back.  There's only so much you can do at home, and when I sit in my house without anything to do I start buying stuff for my house... which isn't what I want to do right now since I need to be saving for a car. 

Also, at various times this past week, we've been decorating the place for the holidays.  I put some little holiday trinket things out a few days before Thanksgiving and hung our stockings, and then the day after Thanksgiving we put the tree up and decorated our little hearts out. Now the house is very festive and cozy, but we need to get rid of the old TV that is sitting in the living room floor (want a tv?).  The only store we ventured to on Black Friday was Best Buy to see if we could score a new Samsung LCD flat screen tv and a Wii for my mom's Christmas present.  They had a cool package deal going on where you get the TV AND the Wii for $399 (FAR less than you would pay for both) so we figured we would jump on it and came home the proud owners of a new tv.  It doesn't detract much from the Christmas decorations. 

I LOVE this time of year and am so happy that BF and I can share it and create new traditions and fun memories!

No comments: