Monday, November 1, 2010

Birthday and Halloween Extravanganza Weekend

I got back from Washington on Wednesday last week and hit the ground running at home. 


Thursday was BF's birthday, so after working for a few hours and running errands we celebrated by going to the Rheinlander with BF's family for dinner.  That was hilarious.  The Rheinlander is a German restaurant that BF and I just love because it's decorated with Bavarian style items and all of the staff wear dirndles and lederhosen.  They even have a guy that plays the accordian and walks around and takes requests; pretty great.  I was anxious to see how BF's family would react and they weren't that into it, which was pretty funny.  It was still an excellent dinner.

After dinner we opened presents.  I got BF the new Rock Band 3 game and the new Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock game (we already have the instruments).  He got some other great stuff from his family and I think a shopping spree is in order so he can use all of the giftcards he got.

Friday I took BF to the Winterhawks game and it was a riot.  One of the reasons I love hockey is because of the fights and violence.  I don't really like violent movies or things like that, but hockey brawls are the best.  Luckily the game was chock full of agression and tension and many fights broke out.  I'm pretty sure the captain of the 'Hawks lost a tooth. 

We headed back home and went to bed relatively early for a Friday night.  We woke up at 1:30am or so because we heard a single gunshot.  That was sort of scary, especially because we live in a good neighborhood... but we do live within a half mile of farms so I am assuming it was from one of the farms, hopefully.  Anyway, I calmed down and fell back asleep for about a half an hour before waking up again in a full out sweat.  I threw the covers off of me and rolled over and realized that I had not felt this bad in recent memory.  I had the worst stomach ache and my stomach was so bloated I couldn't even touch it.  I was afraid to move too much or too quickly but eventually made my way to the bathroom.  Needless to say I spent the rest of the night on the bathroom floor and when I was done there I slept on the couch so I wouldn't wake BF.  NOT FUN.  I don't know if I caught a touch of the flu that is going around or if I ate something bad but I don't want to feel that lousy again if I can help it. 

Saturday I just slept on the couch most of the morning while BF went to the gym and ran errands.  By the afternoon I was feeling much better but afraid to eat anything heavy so I snacked on crackers.  Saturday evening we decided that I wasn't sick and that we should put our Halloween costumes on and find something fun to do.  We invited our good friends Kyle and Kate over as well.  I went to change and as I put my costume on I realized that I wasn't going to be able to leave the house in it.  Originally we wanted to be Pauly D and JWOWW from Jersey Shores, however BF cannot wear that to elementary school.  So then our plan was to be Mario (BF) and BatWoman (Me).  But then at the costume store I hated the BatWoman costume so I just picked the Robin costume instead... without trying it on.  Bad move.  BF didn't try his Mario costume on either but decided to when we got home.  Boy was he shocked by the costume sizing.  We had to take his Medium sized Mario costume back and he got an XL Spiderman instead.  I didn't try my Robin costume on since it was made by the same company as BatWoman so I figured it would fit the same.  Back to changing to go out on Saturday:  I put on the Robin costume and realized that it fit fine on top but was SO SHORT you could see EVERYTHING if I moved even a little bit. 

Luckily I keep my costumes from previous years so my options were 1) Marilyn Monroe  2) Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz  3) a Masquerade Vampire.  I ended up choosing Dorothy.  Kyle and Kate came over dressed as vampires and we didn't even leave the house.  BF and I broke out the new Rock Band and Guitar Hero games from his birthday and we rocked out for a while and then played Apples to Apples. All in all it was a fun, but very late, evening.  Pictures to come.

Sunday was recovery day and BF and I slept until 12:30pm.  I haven't slept that late in years.  We stayed in sweats all day and then waiting around for Trick-or-Treaters, but only got one group of middle school boys that were too old to be out.  BF is taking some candy to school with him today to keep on hand for treats.  I hope he doesn't take the Butterfingers.  Those are my favorite.

I'm home all week (for once!) before I head to Utah for work. 


Happy November!

No comments: