Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Business and Rudy Lost Some Marbles

It was a pretty awesome but very short weekend (as most good ones seem to be). 

Friday afternoon we picked up our little Rudy from the Vet after his "procedure".  He was a little tired, but mostly his normal self.  The staff took a picture of him and posted it on their clinic's Facebook page and it is ADORABLE, but I'm biased.

Anyhow, we were told we'd probably have a lethargic puppy on our hands, but we did not ever get to see any of that.  He was back to normal Saturday morning and didn't even really act like he needed his pain meds- but we gave them to him anyway just in case.  He did tire out more quickly than normal, but after a couple 20 minute naps here and there he was his energetic, affectionate self.  No cone needed since he wasn't licking, but we have to watch him because he's not supposed to run or jump or be wild for 10 days.  That's impossible. He was jumping on Friday night.  He doesn't care if the stitches will come out, but I sure do.  I'm trying to keep him from potentially ripping himself back open.  It's a full time job.


So back to Friday night.  We got to hang out with my good friend Matt who I've known since high school and who continually entertains me.  We always talk about the most ridiculous things and I love every minute of it.  BF, Matt and I drove over to Helvetia tavern for some lovely burgers, onion rings, sandwiches and beer.  We even sat OUTSIDE because Friday was downright pleasant as far as Oregon weather goes. 

Saturday I tried to get as many of our errands and cleaning done as possible because I knew I wouldn't want to do any of it come Sunday.  We got groceries, did laundry, the usual and then we got ready to go to Kyle and Kate's wedding!  We ate a quick dinner and headed over to the Cornelius Pass Roadhouse.  Their wedding was inside the Octagonal Barn and was absolutely beautiful. 

We lucked out and arrived around the same time as most of BF's old cohort from Lewis and Clark so we all sat together.  It was a short, but not too short, cute ceremony complete with crying ring bearers (who threw their ring pillows towards the alter instead of actually walking the short distance to the front which was hysterical).  After the ceremony we ate and drank and danced and had a wonderful time.  It was so nice to see everyone and just be able to catch up and hang out. 

Sunday morning we slept in, hard core.  It was awesome.  I got up and did more cleaning and laundry while I waited for BF to be ready to start the day.  We had a couples massage at Dosha Hawthorne that was divine.  We headed over for a nice southern meal at my parents' house afterwards and took a nice walk through the neighborhood after dinner.

I woke up today and wanted one more day of weekend so I could sleep in and watch movies.  That's what I wanted to do had I had the time, but life happens and you do what you gotta do (although a wedding and drinks with friends was WAY better than watching movies at home in my pj's... for the most part).

I'm waiting for the end of this week when the weather is supposed to change and resemble Spring.  I cannot wait.  I've already pulled my cute skirts and sandals out.

No comments: