Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What I've Been Up To

It seems like I haven't had a second to collect my thoughts for a coherent post lately.  And I think today will be the only day that I have the time and mind-space to do so this week.

Last week was work-busy and life-busy as we had all sorts of things going on (in both departments).  At work I found out that I will be taking over partial duties and my job is being hybridized to include this partial job, along with completely new duties that have yet to be hammered out so I'm not 100% clear on what I'll be doing going forward other than what I'm already doing.  On that note, we decided that since I'll be taking on more at work, some of my other duties should be handled by someone other than me and that I can just manage those duties through another admin.  I'm now actively looking for someone to take over these duties permanently, so it's nice to know that soon I'll have a more manageable To Do list at work... once we find and hire the right person!  Not only is that going on but I've got 3 BIG meetings this week, 1 big one to plan at the end of the month, and 2 relatively large conference to plan, coordinate, etc later this summer (but that I know if I don't start now I'll be behind when they come around).

At home we've got the dog, upcoming travel and camping trips and concerts to prepare for and the usual diet-exercise routine that takes up our time.

This past Friday I took my good friend Mark to lunch before I made him sit through 4 hours of boredom and trivia while I sweated and clenched my jaw in pain- he was a trooper. He also photo- documented most of the afternoon, which was awesome.  What was I doing for 4 hours?  I'll show you later tonight via Mark's awesome photo diary of the day.

Saturday was awesome since we got to sleep in.  BF went to the gym while I thoroughly cleaned the whole house.  I cannot tell you how much I LOVE a clean house.  Even if it wasn't that messy to begin with, just knowing it's all freshly washed and waxed and dusted and vacuumed is amazing.   We had a lazy day and hung out watching movies and playing with the dog the rest of the day.

Oh, then there was Sunday.  It wasn't a bad day, it was just that we had to get up the same time we do for WORK.  But for good reason.  BF's little sister graduated from Linfield with her BSN!  So awesome.  So we packed up for the day, dropped Rudy off at my parents' house, picked up BF's sister's BF and headed to McMinnville.  The forecast was sunny and warm so I wore a sundress and sweater and called it good.  The graduation was outside and although the weather was ok, it was a little too cold and I ended up walking back to the car and grabbing our picnic blanket from the back and wrapping myself in it. 

You guys, graduations are boring.  Everyone and their mom has some sort of speech to give and they all allude to how they know we hate having to sit through them, but they continue to talk... and talk and talk and talk.  Really all we want to see is our friend/sibling/family member, etc walk across the stage and get their hard earned degree.  It's even longer for a BSN because after the graduation ceremony there's a pinning ceremony where you watch the BSN Recipients get their nursing pins- which is AWESOME, but also means MORE lame speeches and more time sitting and wondering when you'll eat next and if your foot always falls asleep when your legs are crossed or if you never noticed because you never sit for this long and maybe you'll die like this because this dang speech keeps going and did anyone ever actually die from boredom?

I digress.  Anyway, we are so proud of BF's little sister who is applying for a few jobs and a few hospital internships in the Portland area so fingers crossed for her!  She'll make a great nurse.

We did get to go out for a lovely lunch and I had a western omlette that about killed me it was so great- why don't I make awesome omlettes at home like that?

Sunday night we had dinner at my parents' house since my sister just moved back from Colorado (yay!).  We had bbq ribs, pasta salad, corn on the cob and grilled veggies.  I could hardly move afterwards so I took a food coma nap on the couch.

Yesterday was Memorial Day and we did pretty much nothing.  We did go to BF's parents' house for an awesome steak dinner and watched the Da Vinci Code.  And of course I ran to REI with my 20% coupon and bought BF and I a new tent (click here if you want to see it in all of it's glory!).

So that was my weekend in a pretty big nutshell. 

I'm around but I'm not sure what this week's going to look like once things start going today so who knows when you'll hear from me again...

No comments: