Thursday, May 5, 2011

I've Got a Fever...

.. and the only prescription is more cowbell... or getting outdoors.  Either way.  Some call it Spring Fever.

Oh you guys, with everything that's been going on, I just want to take a week off of work and go hiking and camping.  The weather's starting to get nice and I'm visitng REI.com and the brick and mortar REI by our house as often as possible.  I currently have my REI wish list open in another tab.  If I bought everything at once from my wish list without coupons or using my dividend it would cost me a whopping $1,084.40.  I'm glad I don't have their credit card because boy howdy would I spend that, no joke.

A HUGE "Thank You" goes out to a wonderful friend who sent me an REI giftcard for my birthday/thank you gift so I used it towards the purchase of some new Keen hiking boots (click here if you want to see which ones).  I like 'em lightweight and these babies are perfect. I've already been wearing them on long walks with the puppy and BF to break them in.

The weather has been downright pleasant, but today took a turn back toward winter (rain, wind, cooler temps) which has put me in a bad mood.  I'm so over it, I would do almost anything for some sun and NO RAIN. 

After cleaning out old stuff from storage I realized that I had some items that I didn't want to donate, but that I no longer need so I'm planning on having a garage sale in combination with my parents- as they, too, have an abundance of nicer but not needed items.  I'm planning on using the earnings from that towards the purchase of a new tent and some new camping/hiking/backpacking supplies. 

I don't know if I can hold out until then, but I'm feeling sort of torn because this kinda goes against my "nothing new" challenge... but then again, it's for camping/hiking/backpacking experiences that we will have as a family (BF, Rudy, parents, etc). 

Quite the conundrum (not really).

Keeping my fingers crossed that the forecast is wrong and that we get more days like yesterday in the coming week!

No comments: