Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Things I've Learned from TV

... are specifically why I have problems picking a definite career path. I will pretty much watch anything that's on Discovery, Discovery Health, History Channel, TLC, etc. And I pretty much am hooked on whatever they are talking about... usually. This, along with my propensity for certain subjects, are making me feel like I will never be only interested in one thing. I guess that's a good thing because I'll never be bored...

I know I've talked about this before, but today I had 3 separate epiphanies as to what I should really be doing.

1. Open my own clothing boutique centered around layering pieces and more modest fashions.

2. Open a boutique centered around modest formal-wear and wedding gowns... so all my wonderful friends won't have to fly to Utah to pick out and try on dresses... or order them sight-unseen from a website.

3. Become a geologist.

Given, the first two are at least related to each other, but the third, though out of left field, is something I've always loved. When I was little I collected rocks; every time the family went ANYWHERE I came home with a pocketful or purseful of rocks. I would try to get as many different kinds and colors and textures as possible. I asked for a rock dictionary when I was in first grade, and then a rock tumbler so I could have all of my rocks polished. We lived in Colorado for a long time, which is a great place to live if you like rocks, and where I learned all about fossils and even more about rocks from my fanatical science teacher. More odd still, I am the girl who looks out the window on road trips and points out to the unassuming fellow passengers what sort of rocks are in that particular area and how they came to be.

Enough rock talk. The other two are just useful things that I think there is a definite need for and that I wouldn't mind doing. Really, I was watching a TLC show about a lady who started her own business... and the rest came from me.

Also, I am limiting my career choices in order not to bore you too much. I have a list of at least 10 other things I would like to do. New rule, no more television. I'll just read books for bit and see how I fare.

2 comments:

Courtney B said...

fun! all of those would be awesome. however, i'd LOVE the first option. i'd shop there all the time. i'd even work there!

Heather said...

I've kinda been thinking about that for a while... and you could definitely work there with me!