Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Babies, Babies, Babies

So if you run in the same circles I do, it seems as if everyone either just had a baby or is currently pregnant. At this point I'm a little scared to drink the water because I may wake up one morning and you'll just have to call me Mary...

But all of this new life (or soon to be) has given me quite a bit to think about. I'm happy for my friends who are finding themselves quickly morphing into responsible adults... but mostly because I can steal their babies for a couple of hours, have my fun, and give them back. Really, though, it is incredible to see a fresh little life and the joy that it brings not just to the immediate family but to whole communities. I'm thankful for those of you who are hardworking busy parents who are doing everything they can to teach their little ones love, kindness and respect.

I may not have children (yet) but I really do appreciate you all and my own parents for all that they have done!

No comments: