Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Some People...

... take themselves WAY too seriously. They can't take a joke or make light of any situation and are constantly trying to be the most politically correct person they can be. It's annoying that humor is having to take a backseat because our society has completely brainwashed everyone into thinking that you can't make jokes or laugh at a situation (none of it being hurtful to any one person or to any group of people) or believe in something because you may offend someone else.

I am not afraid to offend. I believe in what I want because that is my right as an American. I can think things are funny if I want to and no one can tell me that it is wrong. We all have the same intrinsic basic sense of humor and logic. I can meet with other people who think the same way I do and believe the same way I do and laugh, cry, get frustrated with the same things I do and I shouldn't feel like that's going to be a problem for anyone else. I don't have to believe what someone else does or accept is as "correct" when I don't think it is. I'm not going to disrespect them and their beliefs, but when did it become okay to let other poeple dictact who we can be?



I'm all for being open minded... I think that it comes with respecting others and trying to learn all you can in this life; however don't try to shove your thoughts/beliefs/etc on me and then tell me I have no right to even have an opinion about it. I think I am pretty good about letting people live how they want to live (unless it is negatively affecting me, but that is a different story), so I expect the same courtesy.

I'm not asking for people to tolerate hate or anger, etc. I'm just asking for the open-mindedness and aceptance that is requested by others of me.


Thanks for letting me vent!

No comments: