Thursday, January 8, 2009

Many Things on My Mind Today

1. Why I shouldn't Be Out in Public:

Because I am probably the clumsiest person EVER. No really. And right now it's even worse because I'm already limping around because of aforementioned ankle. I was at Fred Meyer buying cereal- I had coupons and they were on sale so how could I say no?- and walked (hobbled) over to the natural foods section. They have these black non-slip mats where the computer stations are and there is a station in one of the natural food aisles, so as I was slowly shuffling my way down the aisle and COMPLETELY paying attention (I really was trying to be super aware as to not reinjure myself and even saw the freakin' obstacle-mat but just couldn't avoid it) my bad foot caught the edge of the mat. I tried to steady myself with my cart, but then realized that carts have wheels as it started to roll away from my body... so I was slowly being stretched out in the aisle... foot still by the mat, hands on cart. Luckily no one was in the aisle to see this ridiculous scene and my only consolation is that I don't think anyone really ever looks at those security tapes unless they have a good reason too. Maybe I gave them a good reason to. Oh well.

2. Movies- where are the good ones?

I'm just biding my time until the next Underworld: Rise of the Lycans movie comes out, but really, I haven't seen an awesome, blow your hair back exciting movie in such a long time. It's got me a little depressed. I love movies. I despise getting all excited for one and then being disappointed. Got any rental suggestions?

3. I Need a Hair TRIM- not a CUT.

I have a lady that I love to go to for all my hair needs, but she is usually booked up unless you make an appointment WAY ahead of time, so random decisions to have one's hair done is never really possible with her. I've gone places to get those in-between trims until I can get in to see my lady, but inevitably the person with the scissors goes overboard even if I say "only cut off 1/2 inch of hair please" and halfway through I look at the ground to see 4 inch locks of my hair on the floor. So I may resort to cutting my own hair again, but I hate doing that because I can't do what I want to do with it so I just end up trimming the ends and not getting the shape I want. I'm not sure if I can make it another day with my current cut, I just may have a breakdown. I'm going to guilt my sister into cutting it before she goes back to school.... or bribe.

4. All I Want to Do is Listen to Music...

Good music. I'm getting tired of what I have so if you have suggestions please let me know.

5. French Braids-

Can someone show me how to french braid MY OWN hair? I like it braided, but I just can't do it on myself. Actually, I'm crap at doing other people's hair in french braids as well.

Ok... now I feel a little better.

No comments: